Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The weather here is cold and dark. They say it will get worse before it gets better...that's not encouraging news. I don't have any travel plans for the next few weeks and it feels somewhat like I'm slipping back into the empty lonely days I had towards the begining of my time here when I prayed more, drank less, and understood what was going on in my deutchkurz. It that's what's happening, let the lonliness come!

I had a little excitment today. I received a letter from Dora Schmidt who is on the Intermenno Committee. It seems that they recently met at her house and decided what they should do with us once our first placement ends. They decided to send me to Weierhof to live with Ortwin Galle and his children. Ortwin has an organic farm where he raises pigs, cows, and a variety of grains. My responsibilities include farm work as well as some simple cleaning and cooking. There are two other trainees in Weierhof and one more a few kilometers away. It was one of my top picks that I requested and I'm really excited to get it.

Joy and solitude
David

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky dog! Ortwin's place is awesome! Man, I want to come visit you next summer even more now. You'll get to play with Samuel, make Steinbrot, and shovel pig crap. That'll be a ton of fun.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you'll be getting what you originally wanted here in a few.

~Ryan

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home