Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I enjoy pondering scientific theories that I have no real knowledge of. One of my favorite is Einstein's theory that the rate of time isn't constant. These past two weeks have been nothing but proof of that. Last sunday after attending church and eating lunch with Marcos (a 30 something guy who lives nearby and rents space in the warehouse) I had to hurry back to my flat to change and go to Bernd and Ziggy's for their international student gathering. I showed up late but no one really cared. It was an evening of fun interaction with students from all over the world, many of whom aren't Christian. The university here in Giessen has a large physics department and many of them were working on their pHd's in physics. They do a lot of work with the physics department at Kansas State and so I quickly learned to describe where I live in relation to Manhattan instead of Wichita. I didn't know the K-State phys. dept was that large but apparently it is. I got back late from that and was more than ready for bed.

The first half of this week, the heads of GAiN USA and Canada were here so monday night was spent running errands for Klaus (the head of GAiN Germany) and Zaiga (his secretary). I learned this part of town and it's respective stores quite well that evening and my legs are still sore from all the bicycling I did :)

Tuesday evening was my first German class at the Volkshochschule. It meets every tuesday and thursday evenings until sometime in December. So far I really like the prof. and I think he'll make it a fun class. Everyone (I think) in the class knows english and more than once he had to chide us to speak only deutch. It'll be a hard class but I think it will be well worth it.

Tonight I have a bible study with some of the local youth. I don't understand any of what we discuss but they all speak english so every once in a while they will fill me in and ask my oppinion. It's not all that spiritually fulfilling for me but the interaction with my age group is!

It seems like only yesterday when I was sitting in my room with nothing to do watching the hours drag by. Einstein really got this one right but in a way far simpler than he thought.

God truly is good to us!
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home