Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's been a quiet week in Gießen, Germany, my new town. And, indeed, it has been quiet. I don't have anything to say about what has happened but I would like to let you know a little of what will be happening. This is Chris's last week here at GAiN and so Saturday afternoon we're having a party for him at his house (it seems kinda odd to me but that's the way Germans do it). As soon as the party is over I'm headed south with a van and trailer load of his things. On the way to his house (I haven't confirmed this yet but hopefully) I'm stopping in Karlsruhe to visit another trainee who is working at a retreat center there. The job is one of my possibilities for next term and its a good chance to spend some time somewhere else. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I'll be at Chris's new house helping him finish the inside and move in. Friday I drive back toward Frankfurt to pick up a load of goods for GAiN and then Saturday and Sunday I'll either be in Weierhof or Wintersheim visiting other trainees.

I guess my point is that for the next week while all of you are starting school and buckling down for the end of summer, I'll be off trotting the south of Germany :) I like how this works out. But seriously, If you need me....tough. I'll be incommunicado from saturday through the following 9 days.

enjoy!
David

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David! I enjoyed reading your blog today and will be checking up on it more often. It sounds like you are having a great experience. How is your German coming? I'll have to call and talk sometime as soon as school starts and I get some German classes under my belt. I am a bit jealous that you are actually living in Germany for a year. I hope I can make it to Germany for my cross-cultural next summer. Anyway, have a good one.
Later,
Curt

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo David,

How awesome to find your site on the web when I was attempting to find the live web cam of Giessen to put on my desktop. Giessen is actually my home born, bread, and raised. It is great to get some info on what is going on over there. Enjoy Germany, it is an experience that you will never forget. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments about Giessen.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home