Saturday, August 13, 2005

After I posted last night things got interesting, in a good sort of way. Chris had some things to carry home with him and he didn't want to do that on his bicycle. It was also raining. So I took the van and took him home. Any foreigner's first experience on the autobahn is fairly enlightening to the speed the human body is able to travel without serious injury. When your first experience happens to be while you're driving, it's just scary. I made it there and back safely though which is good because in two weeks I'll be driving alone to a collection center about 45 minutes south of Frankfurt (I just found that out last night too). The amount of trust these people instill in a person they've only known for a week is amazing but I guess that's the way it goes.

The other part of the evening was Tanja's party. Tanja is from Russia where Christians are not allowed to drink. She tried, therefore, to have a dry party and only succeeded in reducing the amount of alcohol there. The really interesting part though was that of the eight of us at the meal, there were three germans, two sweeds, a hungarian, a russian, and me. Globalization certainly has made its mark on this place. I guess when you're working with an international organization that happens.

Love and health
David

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOF! YIP!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I just remembered to check your blog. It's a lot of fun to read. I hope you keep it up. Do all of the foreigners do what you do? How many people do you work with? Drop me an email sometime about people you've met whom I might know. I so freakin' jealous. I might have to go do InterMenno again.
-Peter

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home