Friday, October 14, 2005

It's six in the evening here and I'm sitting in the office waiting on a truck that is 70km away in a traffic jam. He was supposed to be here this morning to pick up a load of baby foor for Latvia....well....at least they had good intentions. I don't really value my friday evenings that much anyway but I feel sorry for Klaus who is still here waiting as well. I'm not sure that it makes him much difference though since half of our staff is still working. I guess I'm the only one who has a 5:00 end to the day.

I've been craving intelectual discourse recently and, not understand the language, I haven't been getting much. Living with two students should help that but so far we haven't gotten into too many discussions of the type. I did stop by a bookstore yesterday evening and to my delight they had a large selection of english books. I picked up a copy of "The Fellowship of the Ring" (I can't underline for some reason). It's the first 500 pages of Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" and in the past day I've finished half of it. The story line isn't all that intelectual but it is a great story and it keeps me occupied.

If you haven't figgured out by now....I'm trying to ramble to waste time. Normally that isn't very hard for me but for some reason it's not happening this evening. I think I'll go rejoin the hobbits on their adventure.

Happiness and grace
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home