Monday, April 03, 2006

So I've been here a few months, I have a few left to go. Time has really ceased to mean much to me anymore. At first, the days went slowly but the weeks flew (is that really how it's spelled?) bye. Now the days fly and the weeks crawl. It's kinda weird and I've given up trying to figgure it out. What's even harder to grasp, though, is that I'm 1/3 done here in Weierhof. Soon I'll be home and almost instantly after that I'll be at school.

So, aside from the random ramblings. Work here is going really well. We're in a bit of a holding pattern right now waiting for the feilds to dry out so we can start planting. Normally they would be almost done right now but apparently it's been really odd weather for this time of year. We're doing a lot of stuff right now that's never important enough to get done when there's other stuff to do. Two weeks ago Ortwin discovered my computer skills (so far I haven't fixed any of his computer problems. He solved one on his own after I had given up on it, though) and last week he let me start doing some mechanical work (like dissambeling and greasing the whole 3-point assembly on the big tractor). We've been doing a lot of that kind of stuff. That and cleaning. As often as I clean the kitchen you would think it would radiate light by now, but, alas, there are four young children in the house half the time so...no such luck. We've also been cleaning outside which I don't think has been done for a few (read many) years. So it's been good.

To quote from the Hamfast in The Lord of the Rings, "All's well that ends better." All in all, this is turning out to be a pretty good ending to the year. Even though the year isn't all that close to ending yet.

Peace and Love
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home