Saturday, February 18, 2006

Welcome back everyone, I don't really have a lot of time so I'll prioritize and be breif...hopefully.

First, I promised Hannah that I would mention her here. She's a Canadian that I met in Gießen and I think our current status would be classified as dating. I called her on valentine's day so I guess that pays a little tribute to the status of our relationship :) I don't really know how much I'm supposed to disclose here but I think I covered the most important part.

Second, I made it safely to Weierhof! It's been four days now and I can honestly say, I have never worked a more grueling four days in my life. I've probablly worked harder but not when I'm this far out of shape. Two years in college and six months in a fairly slow paced job can do that to you. So far I've spent my time hand splitting and stacking wood as well as mucking out pig and cow stalls. I do a little work in the house: sweeping floors, washing dishes, and the like, but most of my time is outside. It's been fairly warm this week, 5-10 degrees (upper 40's) but it's also been raining so every night I've been sore, tired, and wet. It's going to be a great six months! (seriously, I'm excited) I haven't met the entire family yet (the kids spend half their time with their mother) but Ortwin is a really good guy to work/live with.

Finally, contact info. We had a 4 day conference with all the trainees between placements and it was drilled into our heads that we should give everyone contact and emergency contact info because MCC is tired of getting calls from families of trainees wondering how to get ahold of their loved ones :)

David King
c/o Familie Gallé
Crayenbühl Str. 10
67295 Weierhof-Bolanden
06352/5471

For those of you calling from the states, I think you would dial 011-49 and then the number without the leading zero but I'm not quite sure on that one. As for emergencies, my contact person here in Germany is Johannes Neufeld, he lives in Frankfurt and should be able to get a hold of me in a decent amount of time. His phone number is 069/79534998. I'm also thinking of getting a cell phone but I probablly won't get around to doing that until it's not worth it anymore. There you have it.

Love and blessings
David

2 Comments:

Blogger Illusional disfunction said...

Giessens not the same without your here. I actually go HOME after classes. Miss you!!! Oh! I just realized I promised Maria that the next time we talk I'd say hi...so Hi from Maria!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Illusional disfunction said...

sweety? you know I care for you and everything...but really...you need to update your blog.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home