Monday, December 12, 2005

So I haven't really felt like blogging lately and I would feel guilty except that our internet has been unreliable at best so I can't always blog anyway. That plus nothing really exciting has happened other than my deutch class is over (much rejoicing!!). This past weekend, though, I went to Weierhof where I'll be living for the second half of the year. I met Ortwin and his two younger kids. I'm not sure where the older two were but from what I hear I met the best half of the family. They're really nice people, though, so I can't imagine that the other half would be very bad.

On Saturday we decided to take a day trip to Trier. It's about 100km from Weierhof and it's the best preserved Roman city in the world. They also have a really big Weinachts markt (Christmas market) in the city center. We drank glüwine and ate wurst and had a grand ol' time. It happens that Trier is also the birth place of Karl Marx and being good little Marxists we took a few hours to go through the museum. Good times were had by some. The best part was to start our audioguides at the same time and turn the volume up as loud as it would go. The rest of the day we spent looking at old Roman ruins and exploring an old bathhouse. There is an intricate set of tunnels underground that are only lit by very dirty skylights. It's almost dark in broad daylight let alone after dark. It was a good time and we all came back tired of people and walking.

Sunday brought church in a language I don't quite understand yet and then a trip to a winery. There is a trainee about 30km on this side of Weierhof who lives on a vineyard. I spent a coulpe of hours there and then made the long trip home. Sorry for being kinda scattered and not very detailed. I'll try to do better some other time.

Rest and pleasure
David

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you are doing well. What email are you using exactly? I tried sending one to the hotmail and I got a odd error message in return. Was your box full?

Anywho, Talk to yah later x-roomie of mine
-Ryan

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home